To manage your stress you need to overcome it. To become resilient to the challenge that stresses you. Stress is a natural part of life and it encourages us to rise up , take chances and make changes. Overcoming adversity is what drives the survival of the fittest mentality in nature and we are not separate from this.
Managing stress means being in charge of your life and not overwhelmed by it. These sessions aim to teach you how to live a grounded life, aware of the challenges you face and confident of your ability to overcome.
Signs of stress
Stressful situations are ones that are overwhelming. Often feeling out of control with no room to move.
- Muscular Tension in your back or neck is a common sign of being under prolonged stress.
- Dehydration occurs when the body is in fight/flight mode. The body allocates resources to the muscles and heart to help prepare for the danger and hydration takes a back seat.
- Dreading upcoming events / feeling out of control. The natural ability to regulate emotions and feel safe is overtaken by the alert of danger in the nervous system.
- Feeling on edge, anxious and fearful of the future. The fight or flight response of the nervous system prepares to flee the danger and so all resources are focused on fear and alert.
Lifestyle Factors That Add To Stress
- Poor Digestion – Rushed Eating
- Coffee and Nicotine
- Digital Device Use In Bed Or Late In The Evening.
- Poor Sleep Routine
- Pushing Through Or Ignoring Exhaustion
- Unhealthy Relationships
- Drama And Unplanned Change
- Excess Alcohol Consumption
- Erratic Planning
- Challenges Expressing Emotion
- Poor Diet – Highly Processed Foods
6 week stress reduction sessions
This package of sessions will help you learn about what triggers your stress levels. In therapy you will process your stress, learn about your thoughts and begin to self regulate. This also includes 6 sessions of TRE . Tension Release Exercise, a simple technique to naturally release muscular tension. You will gather the tools to build a weekly practice to manage stress.
( 6 x 2 hour sessions ) 1 Hour Counselling / Personal Development – I hour TRE
Includes homework and Guided Meditations
How You Will Learn To Manage
Managing stress requires you to learn its symptoms. It does not just appear, there is a build up over a long time. In these sessions you will learn to track the progression of symptoms, the choices and decisions that went into it. You will be shown new ways to deal with older challenges. Stress is mental, it involves thoughts and beliefs that create pressure, limitation and challenge. Stress is also physical, living life on the edge trains the nervous system to be on high alert and adrenaline levels at max.